Saturday, December 8, 2007

New Feature: RERUNS!


We've all got our favorites when it comes to games, but how often do you pick up a great game that you return to months (or even years) later? Well, here at Cascoretopia, we believe that those games deserve some special mention, so... RERUNS! will be our weekly post on games that we love to play AGAIN!

This week's RERUN: Starfox Command (Nintendo DS)

I picked up Starfox Command when it first came out in August, over a year ago, and found myself properly sucked into the great gameplay immediately. Hours disappeared any time I powered on my DS, and I promptly finished the game.

Now, I'm not a big online gamer, so I've never much valued the replay-ability of a game like SFC, but I did learn that the game has multiple endings and different scenarios, based on mission choices you make as you play.

That being said, I played through the game a second time back when it was still new to me, to finish one of those alternate paths. Then the game card sat quietly in my DS case for months... until today! That's right, I dusted it off and fired up the DS, and much to my enjoyment, played through another alternate campaign!

I guess no matter how many times I beat this game, even if I play the same path again, I just enjoy the mix of dogfight combat and turn-based tactical strategy too much to leave it alone permanently! If only Nintendo had included the 'command' portion of the gameplay in multiplayer...

Starfox Command; if you haven't played it yet, pick it up today!

No comments: