Friday, December 14, 2007

Anticipation...


Welcome to another new weekly feature, Anticipation! Anticipation will be our weekly post about games we are looking forward to...

This week: SH'MUPS! I am a HUGE fan of classic scrolling shooters like Gradius, R-Type and Life Force, and you'd better believe that I have Ikaruga in my Gamecube collection!

So when I hear about awesome stuff like Nanostray 2 for DS, Raiden Fighters for Xbox 360 and Castle of Shikagami III on Wii, I get hyped!

Wait a minute, Castle of Shika-wha?

Yep, several of our favorite sites posted a press-release today by Aksys Games, announcing the porting of popular Japanese arcade sh'mup 'Castle of Shikagami III' to the Wii this Spring. While this series is new to myself, the screenshot above (courtesy of Infendo) says it all. This game looks nutso, and I mean Ikaruga INSANE!

So, for all fans of sh'mups, start counting the days until this one is relased stateside!

(UPDATE) GoNintendo has a short interview with Michael Manzanares, Associate Producer at Aksys Games, and there is mention of a possible DS version of this game as well!

No comments: