Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I Ain't Afraid of No Game!


I'm a child of the 80's, to be sure. I was born in 1970, so by Jr. High I was listening to punk rock and glam metal, watching MTV (brand new) at my friend's house and enjoying some great new movies on cutting-edge VHS!

One such movie was Ghostbusters; great comedy, special effects and a unique story premise came together to provide viewers with a major treat. This flick has stood up to the test of time, too, as I picked up the dvd last year and enjoyed it just as much as back then!

Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), I was ecto-static to see that Ghostbusters The Video Game was announced for all platforms recently! My excitement was put on hold, however, when I learned that the Wii version would be geared toward a younger demographic than it's high-def counterparts...

Fortunately, my worries were unfounded! Today, IGN has a brief rundown of the Wii version's unique features, including a heavy focus on multiplayer! There are a few concept art pieces and one or two screenshots as well, all of which showcase a rich, colorful art style that really plays to the strengths of the system, and remind me a bit of cult classic, Psychonauts.

Click on over to IGN to check it all out, and you can also find some video footage of the XBOX 360 and PS3 version here, which looks very nice!

No comments: