Monday, October 6, 2008

Treasure Trove: Mad Gear


I've already mentioned the awfulness that was e-for-all 2008, but there were a couple of redeeming experiences there. One was a tiny partial-booth tucked away in the back far-right corner of the hall, Mad Gear.

Mad Gear is a privately-owned import and vintage games seller, kinda like Play Asia, but smaller. I had the pleasure of chatting with the shop's owner, ???, who was able to provide me with plenty of good recommendations based on my gaming preferences.

There were plenty of great things to look at, try out and purchase at Mad Gear's booth, including mint-in-the-box Famicom, Super Famicom, Sega Master System, Saturn, Game Gear, PC Engine and various other games. I made two purchases before leaving the booth, but believe me, had my wallet not been so light, I would have walked away with much, much more.


My two purchases included Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie for Super Famicom and a rare NES Metroid soundtrack mini-disc, released as a promo for the Gameboy Advance NES Classics series in Japan. Both are in outstanding condition, and I plan on making future purchases from Mad Gear with great confidence. Be sure to check them out!

No comments: