Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bionic Commando Petition

Capcom recently announced a new, 3D Bionic Commando for XBOX 360 and Playstation 3, but today there was also a remake of the original side-scroller for NES, which will be a downloadable game on XBLA and PSN! I've posted a trailer for the re-make, which looks impressive to say the least.

For those of you who are strictly Wii gamers, there is a petition online to get these two games made for Wii as well. I became aware of it via GoNintendo, and you can sign the petition here.

I remember Bionic Commando as one of my all-time favorite NES games. It took the play mechanics of Metroid, Megaman and Castlevania and threw in a new twist; the protagonist has a bionic arm that can extend outward to grab items, stun enemies, swing from ledges and more. This mechanic set the game apart from almost everything else out there, and really nothing has matched the concept since.

I'm a dual-console guy myself, so if this doesn't hit the Wii, I'll still get a chance to play, but the idea of lashing out with the grapple-arm using my nunchuck or wiimote's motion sensing ability is very appealing...

Here's the trailer for the 3D next-gen game:



And here's the one for the XBLA/PSN remake of the original NES title:

No comments: